Posted On July 31, 2022
By Betsy Thayer
Interviews can be stressful. Here are some things to remember that will help your chances.
- Be early, but not too early. 5-10 minutes is perfect.
- Wear a suit.
- Turn your phone OFF.
- Do not give a limp handshake. Make eye contact.
- Do your research on the company and have good questions prepared in advance.
- Know what you bring to the table. Be able to explain how hiring you will benefit the company.
- Do not bad mouth a previous employer or co-worker.
- Do bring copies of your resume.
- Be confident.
- Don’t regurgitate your resume. They have this information already. Use specific examples of success stories to answer questions.
- Don’t lie.
- Be aware of what information you have on social networks. Pictures of you on Facebook doing a keg stand will most likely eliminate you from the candidate pool.
- At the end ask if they have any concerns about your resume. This is a great time to find out if there are any misunderstandings and a great barometer of how things went.
- Send a thank you note after the interview. If you don’t have email addresses hand write and mail a thank you.