|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2015|
Spencer Gray is seeking a strong contributor to join our clients (located in downtown San Diego) data center team to help engineer innovative technical solutions and to create strong partnerships with vendors, colleagues and business customers to deliver new and improved IT capabilities.
The ideal system engineer possesses a blend of broad architectural vision combined with deep technical expertise. They maintain a balance between providing operational reliability and seeking innovations that transform the role of IT in supporting business functions. Critical thinking and root cause analysis are core competencies in this role. This opportunity includes both providing leadership in our ongoing adaption of hybrid cloud services as well as supporting the operations of our existing highly virtualized data center.
· Provides enterprise server support and troubleshoots issues related to the O/S and platform environments (primarily VMWare and Windows Server 2008/2012)
· Ensures that technology platforms and procedures remain current and compliant with IT standards and policies.
· Maintains awareness of industry trends and issues with hardware, operating systems, networking, security and any relevant new technologies and frameworks
· Coordinates technical support with vendors when necessary
· Facilitates rapid and effective resolution of issues and requests
· Develops and monitors statistics and metrics to measure operational efficiencies and utilization trends of data center operations
· Participates in an on-call rotation schedule with teammates to provide 24/7 systems support
· Provides technical leadership on small projects from inception to deployment
· Supports service request, incident resolution and change management processes of IT
· Bachelor’s degree preferred – equivalent work experience and technical training acceptable
· Microsoft and VMware certification preferred (MCITP, VCP).
· Storage, networking, security, Citrix and cloud certifications highly valued.
· A minimum of 3 years work experience in a medium to large enterprise running on VMware, Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Exchange/Lync
· Effective use of storage technologies including 3PAR, DataDomain, CommVault, etc.
· Track record of working well with varying levels of clients, vendors and technical analysts in high pressure situations and complex environments using effective change management
· In-depth understanding of the Windows Server platform (2008/2012)
· Experience with the backup/restore activities within and across storage networks including disaster recovery configurations
· Active Directory administration and maintenance
· Skill in monitoring production environment using various tools (Microsoft System Center 2012, Solarwinds, etc.)
· Strong customer focus and management of client expectations; ability to establish and maintain a high level of user trust and confidence.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills; excellent teamwork skills in an enterprise backup environment
· Foundational knowledge of ITIL and IT Service Management
· PowerShell scripting for task automation and runbook creation
· Ability to support SMTP / Exchange mail flow and troubleshooting
· Expertise with Citrix configuration and support
· Proficiency in troubleshooting cross-platform O/S problems (AIX Power7)
· Working with cloud infrastructure environments such as Azure and AWS
· Supporting cloud platforms such as Office 365, Amazon Workspaces, etc.
· Familiarity with container configuration (Docker, Rocket, etc.)
Physical Requirements – Must be able to lift 30 to 50 pounds of weight occasionally. Must be able to sit at workstation for prolonged periods of time.
- Customer Service Admin ( Job ID: 2025) Atlanta GA posted 7 days ago.
- Graphic Designer – (Job ID – 5051) Houston, TX posted 26 days ago.
- Receptionist (Job ID 4156) – Glendale, CA posted 26 days ago.
- Appraisal Coordinator – (Job ID 4033) – Wilmington, DE posted 28 days ago.
- .NET Software Engineer – Carlsbad (Job ID 9256) posted about 1 year ago.