|Location||San Diego, CA|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2015|
Contract to Permanent
Responsible for consolidation and reporting of a sub-segment. Responsible for maintaining accounting records, including journal entries, invoices and ledger accounts reconciliations; preparing financial statements and analysis reports.
The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations:
· 40% – Coordinates month-end close activities and responsible for consolidation and reporting of a sub-segment under US GAAP. Responsible for all aspects of the monthly accounting process including, but not limited to posting of journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger accounts, preparation of balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow reports, proper translation/conversion and analysis of information for foreign entities; reviews and/or prepares financial reporting packages according to US GAAP and prepares financial analysis and reports necessary for the reporting of results to management; Make recommendations concerning operational and accounting issues within functional area of responsibility; Serves as a lead professional related to financial, regulatory, reporting and accounting assignments in their areas of knowledge; Independently manages several concurrent projects, assignments and activities; Recommends accounting, financial and regulatory treatment for new and existing operations, regulations and laws.
· 30% – Responsible for the analysis and recording accounting transactions, month end close activities, prepare financial statements, analyses, schedules, and reports of a holding and/or other entities; Generate monthly standard reports using Great Plains, FRX, HFM and other financial systems; Prepare ad-hoc analytical reports; In-depth understanding of transaction flows through financial systems; Prepare and record customer invoices and maintain systems to provide visibility, control, and compliance with company policy, government regulations, and to minimize manual recording effort.
· 10% – Prepare actual to plan, actual to actual reports and analyze/investigate/document variances. Prepare cost centers reports. Prepares internal and external financial reports, with minimal technical direction.
· 10% – Prepare audit schedules, research historical accounting data and provide analytical data to assist auditors as appropriate. Responds to inquiries of senior management and internal and external auditors.
· 10% – Assist with other month end close and related tasks as necessary.
Education – Requires a Bachelor’s degree with an accounting emphasis is preferred or foreign academic equivalent. CPA or MBA strongly desired.
Experience- Requires a minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience required with foreign investment accounting, foreign currency translation, analyzing issues, defining problems, processing transactions in a timely and consistent manner, understanding international financial reporting standards, and related conversions to U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
• Technically proficient with respect to extensive knowledge of US GAAP and understanding of
IFRS; in-depth understanding of foreign currency changes effects in the financial information;
• Assignment Complexity – Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Use professional concepts and generally defined practices and procedures to solve problems, prepare reports, and forecasts;
• Accountability – under minimal supervision makes sound professional decisions;
• Working Relationships- Internally with functional management to interpret reports and provide trends; externally with auditors and foreign accounting firms;
• Scope – Work on problems of moderate to complex scope;
• Experienced in analysis and interpretation of financial information. Strong analytical skills;
• Ability to work independently and with little guidance from management is necessary, and as a team, lead and work with employees at different levels of the organization;
• Should be flexible and able to switch quickly from one project to another when dictated by business need;
• A willingness to put forth additional effort and work extra hours when critical projects arise. A
positive, can-do attitude is expected;
• Selects appropriate means of communication. Listens actively and conveys appropriate information to others;
• Sarbanes Oxley knowledge
• Solid spreadsheet/database skills required;
• Reading, writing and speaking fluent Spanish is required.
Physical Requirements - Requires approximately 5-10% international travel. Regularly required to sit or stand at computer for reasonable length of time typing and reading.
Provide accounting and reporting support for Mexico and South American operations.
- Receptionist (Job ID 4156) – Glendale, CA posted 26 days ago.
- Senior Business Systems Analyst (Job ID: 7188) – Gaithersburg, MD posted about 1 year ago.
- Sr Java Developer (Job ID: 5991) – San Diego, CA posted about 1 year ago.
- Systems Engineer (Job ID: 5051) – San Diego, CA posted about 1 year ago.
- Staff Accountant (Job ID: 9108) – Carlsbad, CA posted about 1 year ago.